LENASIA MUSLIM SCHOOL ADMISSION POLICY
- The Lenasia Muslim School is open to all learners, irrespective of race, ethnicity, disability, gender or religion.
- The admission of pupils is subject to the availability of space in the respective grade to which the pupil seeks admission.
- The ethos of the school is strongly “Islamic” in character and preference will be given to students who are able to cope with the compulsory religious subjects offered.
- Admission to the school will be determined by the following criteria
4.1 Academic competence to cope with the respective Grade. Copies of previous reports to be attached (secular as well as islamiaat).
4.2 Respect for the Islamic ethos of the school, even if the student does not belong to the “Islamic Faith”.4.3 The pupil must have an unblemished record in respect of his/her behavior at the previous school. A testimonial from an Alim or teacher is required.
4.4 “The first come first served principle”, will be given preference.
4.5 Siblings will be given preference, provided they apply timeously and meet all other admission requirements.
- Pupils of L.M.S who take leave to complete HIFZ on a full time basis will qualify for re-admission
- A pupil who seeks admission in GRADE ONE must turn 6 years before 30th June of the year in which admission is sought.
- As a rule, the school does not admit students in Grades 10, 11 and 12. Representation to the Admission Committee in respect of exceptional cases will be considered.
- The Admission Committee reserves the right to interview any applicant.
- Applicants who are unsuccessful for the current year must complete a new application if they wish to apply for the following year.
- The Admission Committee reserves the right to accept applicants in any Grade, not withstanding the above criteria. The decision of the Admissions Committee will Be regarded as final.